War has never been so much fun... until today! News of the return of one of my favourite games during my Amiga years slipped under my radar but now the big-headed squad of soldiers make their return in Cannon Fodder 3 for the PC.
And it's available to download now.
With all the usual revamped graphics you'd expect nowadays, the new game appears to keep all the charm of the original that came from the stable of the Sensible Software team.
Here are some of those new features:
- 8 types of controllable machinery
- 17 types of weaponry, including tactical nuclear strikes and carpet bombings
- Destructible surroundings and water physics allowing the use of tsunami and submerge tactics
- Achievement system
- Battles with unique bosses
- Combat progress leads to new ranks
- Special-purpose bonus items
- Day and night missions, weather effects
- Various locations: America, Asia, Russia, lunar and orbital bases